Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamOperations
At PressPage, we’re all about making work for Public Relations and Corporate Communications teams effective and efficient. That’s why we have developed a software platform that helps global brands like Emirates, Mercedes-Benz, Achmea, Goodyear, Booking, and many more, better manage their corporate communication workflows and share their (brand) stories with the world. We are now looking for a Legal Counsel who will partner with our business to drive growth and innovation while keeping the legal risks to a minimum. You will be fully responsible for all our legal and compliance-related activities and will advise and challenge your colleagues.
We have an open mindset and challenge ourselves to constantly change for the better. We are in the transition from startup to scale-up and together we are putting more structure and processes in place to get to the next level. We're currently at around 45 employees split between Amsterdam and Chicago, and growing.
What will you be doing?
- Partner up with your colleagues to independently review, draft, and negotiate a variety of agreements, primarily SaaS sales, DPA's, and commercial contracts;
- Ensure continued compliance with laws and regulations in the countries that were active, being NL, US, UK, and Germany;
- Be responsible for our information security as our information security officer, with strong knowledge of GDPR;
- Pro-actively notifying and training the business on (new) laws, regulations, and internal legal procedures and ensuring efficient and effective implementation;
- Advice on contracts that Presspage engages in with external vendors and contractors.
As a Legal Counsel, you love working in a diverse, fast-paced, constantly-changing, entrepreneurial environment, and aren't afraid to challenge others, take ownership of challenges, and roll up your sleeves to help get things off the ground.
- A strong sense of self, build trust quickly, and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo with managers;
- At least 3 years of experience working in a legal role at a high-pace company;
- A good understanding of and experience with commercial law, technology and software licensing, and data privacy;
- You are experienced in assessing, negotiating, and concluding international commercial contracts;
- You're excited to try new approaches and do things differently, and aren't afraid to "build as you go";
- You communicate with influence, in professional business English and Dutch. Proficiency in German would be advantageous.
What we're offering:
- A competitive salary
- 30 vacations days
- Proper Pension Plan
- Careers growth plan & Coaching
- Annual Training Budget
- And of course office lunches, drinks, team outings, etc.
Interested? Now what?
Hit the apply button!
We'll contact you within 3 working days to set up a phone call to discuss your application and the opportunity within PressPage. We have 3 in-depth interview rounds with potential colleagues and MT members. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our recruiter Milly at email@example.com.